I realize my Knight and I are the only two who want to see the abundant wildlife in Yellowstone National Park on this virtual tour of a Road Trip Adventure across the USA;
however, I couldn’t leave this virtual tour of this national park without sharing a few animal facts and pictures with you.
A few Facts about Animals in Yellowstone
- Not only is Yellowstone National Park known for its geothermal features but also for the abundant and diverse wildlife that call Yellowstone home.
- With 330 species of birds, 67 species of mammals, 6 species of reptiles, 4 species of amphibians, and ? species of fish, Yellowstone National Park is one of the best wildlife viewing spots in our country.
- The National Park Service reports that “the numbers and variety of animals you see are largely a matter of luck and coincidence”.
- I read that the animal you are most likely to see in this national park is the the Yellowstone Park bison herd.
- I also read that the animal/s you are least likely to see in Yellowstone National Park are wolves and bears. However, I discovered that you can see both of these animals at the Grizzly Discovery Center in West Yellowstone, Montana.
Photos of Animals we Saw and Watched in Yellowstone National Park
I just couldn’t leave Yellowstone National Park without sharing the abundant and amazing wildlife (especially red dogs – bison calves) with you. I hope you didn’t mind the detour.